Problem after updating

Discussion in 'iMac' started by free2australian, Jul 30, 2012.

1. free2australian macrumors newbie

I have a IMac 10.7.4.

Last night I received notice to update software prior to the installation of Mountain Lion which I did

This morning my toolbar is not as it was.

The extreme left arrow button to return to Safari or Yahoo screen page does not work as it greyed out. This arrow key only works if I return to the page prior to the web page I am on , however not to the original home screen page of the web browsers.

Also google browser section has gone missing( this is usually on the extreme right hand side of the screen. see screen shot

I have tried re-customizing the tool bar by dragging the tools I need from the drop down - box - nothing happens.

Please advise
    thank you

Attached Files:

2. leadfeather89 macrumors member

"Now there’s one simple search field for both search terms and web addresses."
    From Apple ---> Link

----------

Working as intended I believe.

----------

Don't panic.

3. free2australian thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem after updating

I would be grateful if you could clarify your response to my query - I does not make sense to me.

thank you

4. Harri569 macrumors newbie

This is an updated version of safari. Instead of having one box for web addresses and one for your search engine, it's all one box. Just type what you want to search for in the box.

5. free2australian thread starter macrumors newbie

How about
    The extreme left arrow button to return to Safari or Yahoo screen page does not work as it greyed out. This arrow key only works if I return to the page prior to the web page I am on , however not to the original home screen page of the web browsers?

Sue

6. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the 'go back' button? That has always taken you back to the previous page in your browsing history.

7. free2australian thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem after updating

Its seems to be ok today - thank you

8. free2australian thread starter macrumors newbie

When I say ok this new download the tool bar is different - One thing I cannot do anymore is pick up the screen of my browser once I have entered from a email link received in my mail- I need to go into the tool bar area where the links to previous searches and my browser e.g. if I have opened Nik software - I can pick it up in the top just below the toolbar. This goes for (browser) e.g.. yahoo mail.

Is this the experience for everyone after the new download of software from Mac?

Sue