Problem assigning "new browser window" behaviour to a hotspot in DW

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by neillawler, Apr 13, 2008.

1. neillawler macrumors newbie

Can somebody please help me with this issue? I am sure that I have entered all the details correctly but I just can't get this to work correctly!

I have an image in dreamweaver. I have added a hotspot to an area of the image and want a small new window to open when you click on the hotspot.

So, I select the hotspot, click on the behaviour + button, select "open new browser". select the image i want to open, fill in the size of the window, etc. Then in the properties box I write "javascript:;" and target "blank".

Is this correct as it's not working when I preview in firefox.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

when you preview in firefox, what will happen when you click the hotspot?

3. neillawler thread starter macrumors newbie

Have tried several routes to get it working, but either nothing happens or it just opens a new window, but full size. I am thinking that maybe I don't need to type the "javascript:;" into the link box but then I still cant get it to work!

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

4. neillawler thread starter macrumors newbie

this is a copy of the code I have that manages to open another browser window, but for some reason it won't open to the size I specify, which is 500x500.

<map name="Map">
    <area shape="rect" coords="89,136,163,190" href="art01.jpg" target="_blank" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('art01.jpg','','width=500,height=500')">
    </map>

Thanks!