Problem associating bluetooth device with jailbroken and unlocked Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amatorb, Dec 16, 2011.

1. amatorb macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken and unlocked 3GS running IOS 4.1 with Ipad baseband 6.15. I've tried to pair it with Motorola H500 and Samsung WEP470 headphones but it will not associate. During the process for a short period each device gets detected, but then it disappears and I never get a passcode prompt.

Is there any known issue about it, are my BT devices incompatible, or any missing step in my procedure? Phone works fine with T-Mobile, even GPS seems to be close enough to consider it functional.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

My Iphone is the newer generation 3GS.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

My guess is the 4.1 firmware doesn't have the proper bluetooth compatibility since it is older firmware.

3. amatorb thread starter macrumors newbie

Could anyone post the name and model of the BT device they successfully use with IOS 4.1?

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

My wife's 3GS on T-Mo BT is working fine with 4.2.1 and BB 5.13.04. Have paired a number of devices without problem including a 2009 Chevy Malibu & 2 different Jawbones (ERA and ICON). Can you update to 4.2.1?

5. amatorb thread starter macrumors newbie

Good question. Not sure, I'll have to research that option.

OTOH is 4.1 so outdated that it wouldn't work with pretty popular Motorola H500, which has been out for at least four years?

6. amatorb thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody else could recommend working BT headset solution for Iphone 3GS?