Problem: Blank spots where apps used to be

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kas23, Nov 10, 2008.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Yesterday, I decided to delete a couple of apps. I did so on iTunes, and then sync'd my iPhone. Since then, instead of all the apps shifts over to the left, I now have 2 blank areas on my UI where the deleted apps used to be. It's like their icons just disappeared, leaving black holes. While this is not a big problem, it is causing my apps to be on 4 pages instead of 3 (if they all just shifted over into their new areas).

Is this what's suppose to happen when you delete apps? Does anyone know how I can get rid of these blank, unused spaces?

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Is your phone jailbroken? You havnt installed blank apps have you?

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

This may be too simple of an answer, but you can move the app icons (hold down on an app until they jiggle, then shift them around).

I think the phone doesn't shift your apps in case you are keeping them on certain pages for a reason (one page for games, one page for productivity, etc.)

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Agreed...tell us if you moved your apps over. I also believe the gaps stay until you reorganize them yourself on your iphone.

6. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

Oh, I didn't even know that you could move apps around. Cool, you can even change their order too!

Before checking back here, I installed 2 more apps (right from iPhone) and these new apps filled in the blank areas. Next time, I'll try to shift them.

Phone is not jailbroken.

7. zxen macrumors newbie

Yes, but how do you move them all to theleft? I just deleted 30 apps. This method will take forever.