Problem bookmarking with my new iMac desktop

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tracoanthaks, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Tracoanthaks macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem bookmarking with my new IMac desktop. The bookmark bar shows only a few default bookmarks, like Apple. Yahoo, Wikipedia, and You Tube. When I a press Add Bookmark to add new ones, nothing show. When I hit "show all bookmarks" it gives me my complete history, not just sites I want to bookmark. Proper buttons seem to be selected under Safari preferences. Any suggestions?

2. aprofetto8 macrumors regular

Hmm, there is a Bookmarks and Bookmarks Bar I believe? The Bookmarks Bar will show under your URL where you are seeing Apple, Yahoo, etc.

Play around and see. I'll let you know when I get home after work.

3. Tracoanthaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Bookmark problem continues on new IMac desktop

Still having the same problem a week now since I started using my new IMac desktop. The bookmark bar shows only 6 or 7 default bookmarks. Nothing is added when I press "add bookmarks." When I press "show all bookmarks" I get my complete history, not the sites I want to bookmark.

4. mrboult macrumors 6502

mrboult

When you are saving a bookmark on your iMac there will be a drop down menu asking where to save it. The 'Bookmarks Bar' is what your after.

Also notice the tiny little book image near the Top and very Left of the Safari window. . . . Click it to see/organise your bookmarks in more detail.

5. Tracoanthaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Bookmark Problem Fixed

Yes, it seems to work now. My Mac laptop 10.4 did not have a menu asking where to save the bookmark, so I was not using it properly. I've just successfully added several new bookmarks and they are now showing up on the Bookmark Bar. Thank you for your help