Problem burning/compressing DVDs - RipIt & Toast Titanium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YoNadz, Jan 28, 2010.

1. YoNadz macrumors regular

I just recently purchased RipIt since MTR is erroring out more and more with newer discs. RipIt works GREAT. I have yet to find a disc it can't handle. My problem comes when trying to burn the disc in Toast. I usually like to burn just the main movie without all of the extras to save space and get the lowest compression. This works well on files ripped with MTR, but with RipIt it's another story. No matter what I do, if I make any changes at all to what is being burned I get an error message saying there was a problem re-compressing the files. Does anyone know of a way around this??

2. YoNadz thread starter macrumors regular

anyone? there has got to be something easy I can do to make this work. PLEASE help!

3. Aj2488 macrumors regular

I've experienced a similar problem today with a movie I made and am trying to fit on a smaller DVD since I have an older MBP without a Dual Layer burner. Any suggestions about Toasts "error occurred while recompressing" message?

4. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I've had trouble with Toast Titanium since Snow Leopard. I think it's because they haven't updated their program yet. :eek:

5. tekjunke macrumors member

I'm having the exact same problem, DL'd the update to Toast 10.0.6 today and still having the error...

Anyone solved this yet?