Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akshea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2005
I am having problem buring .dmg files onto CDs from disk utility. Some how the burn button is dimmed and unavailable to function. The option window for the "burn" under "image" shows "Burn Disk in: No Devices Available". I am 100% sure that I have a CD / DVD rewriteable drive. I have used Toast to burn some DVDs and CDs just now. I dun seem to understand why Disk Utility couldn't find the burning device. Any help would be appreciated.
:confused:

Currently using powermac G5. OSX 10.3.9

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
akshea said:
I am having problem buring .dmg files onto CDs from disk utility. Some how the burn button is dimmed and unavailable to function. The option window for the "burn" under "image" shows "Burn Disk in: No Devices Available". I am 100% sure that I have a CD / DVD rewriteable drive. I have used Toast to burn some DVDs and CDs just now. I dun seem to understand why Disk Utility couldn't find the burning device. Any help would be appreciated.
:confused:

Currently using powermac G5. OSX 10.3.9
You need to convert the .dmg to CD/DVD master format. The converted disk image will have the .cdr extension.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.