Problem causing headache

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by goldilx, Jul 3, 2013.

1. goldilx macrumors newbie

goldilx

I can no longer post to online forums thru apps.

Specifically CNN and TMZ apps for iPad.. Both worked fine up until about a week ago. Forum posts show up, but the posting entry box at the bottom of the column in CNN is just gone, and when I post to TMZ I get an error page. Here is a copy:

{"responseStatus":"failed","errorCode":"exception","errorMessage":"User Warning(512): Directory \/mnt\/tmp\/\/purifier\/\/HTML not writable, please chmod to 777 in system\/vendors\/HTMLPurifier.php on line 11159"}

Are these app problems that just coincidentally happened at the same time or has something changed with iOS? Maybe a Flash issue?
    I have already uninstalled then reinstalled the apps nothing has changed.

iPad iOS 6.1.3 :apple:

2. goldilx thread starter macrumors newbie

goldilx

Found out I can post on the forums via the websites. The apps are defected some how.

3. RadDave macrumors regular

RadDave

Now I do not use those two apps mentioned, but in checking iTunes, their reviews are pretty poor so I suspect you're right in blaming the apps - don't know if each was updated recently, possibly contributing to your experiences?

Concerning Flash, the iPad has never supported the use of this Adobe technology, and in fact the company is phasing out Flash on mobile devices (may have already happened?) - :)

4. goldilx thread starter macrumors newbie

goldilx

Another incident happened with the uTube app. I could comment on all my subscribed uploader videos except one. The comment bar was gone. Went to utube thru safari and comment bar was there. :confused:

5. goldilx thread starter macrumors newbie

goldilx

CNN fixed the bug in their app. The comment bar is back.:)