Problem changing default file icons

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rac7hel, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Rac7hel macrumors newbie

Rac7hel

I have two problems, and if you can help me solve either of them, then the other will cease to matter...

On my Macbook, running Leopard, I recently changed all my icons. (applications, folders, default files, etc.) I changed the Finder and Trash icons via System/Library/CoreServices. But the Dock won't recognize that the Finder icon has changed-- it's still showing me the old icon. That's Problem 1.

Then I created a new user account, and discovered that on that account the Dock shows the correct Finder image. (Yay!) BUT Problem 2: the new account doesn't recognize my default file icons. It flashes them for a second when I save the file, and then reverts back to the regular white default image. (Even though all the .icns files are correct in the application's Resources folder.)

I really don't want to download Candybar or anything, since I know it can be done without that.

So... can anyone help me? :confused:

2. Jisuo macrumors 6502

3. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

4. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

5. Rac7hel thread starter macrumors newbie

Rac7hel

Ah, well, I fixed them both... Turns out, the "white" document icons were just previews of the document. Silly me, forgot to test images... And the Finder issue resolved itself when I reset the Dock. Thanks anyway!