Problem cleaning up a messy logo..vectorizing

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by djsound, Dec 27, 2011.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

So I am doing a commercial (video) for a company and the logo they sent me is pretty messy. First of all it is very complex for a logo and secondly it is messy quality. I don't have days to vectorize it by hand. With a more simple logo I would but this is to much....I tried Vector magic but even with all settings it can not clean it up nicely. Any ideas anyone? thanks

Attached Files:

2. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Seriously? Sub-contract the job to someone who knows what they're doing in Illustrator. I don't reckon that's much more than a couple of hours work, TBH.

(Edit to add: although you're right, it is a horrible logo!)

Cheers

Jim

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

hmmm I guess your right. Maybe I should just get to it..

the car in the background is just sillyness

4. JPLC macrumors 6502

Looks like they gave you a traced vector logo. Those are always messy...

Try to find the real source. Remember that the people who run companies arent designers. Mostly they dont know about the file types and quality. Ask for another logo. Maybe some files used for car stickers or a company PDF with a vector logo. When you're lucky you'll find a better one.

5. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

I tried hehe...this is the only thing that the head graphic designer had =/

I guess I'll just do it and charge 'em..

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

This thing is to ridiculous to trace by hand because of gradients and little details like that. I tried to retrace in Illustrator and it gets close but I don't understand why it can not make a straight line or corner angles....am I missing something? It looks all liquified no matter what I do...it should be able to do straight corners....if I can do it by hand. image is attached. anyone know why?

Attached Files:

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Also, the name of the company doesn't leave the impression that the glass will be particularly long-lasting. Unfortunate.