Problem connecting Airport Express to College network (wirelessly)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lorkp, Sep 5, 2007.

1. lorkp macrumors member

The airport express is in the "join existing wireless network" setting, and is set up to connect to the dorms password free network. This doesn't seem to (quite). The weird thing is that when my laptop is plugged in via cable to the jack in my room, I can see the airport express in the utility. So that means that the APX communicating to the network wirelessly somehow, but just not all the way to my computer wirelessly (that's the goal). Any ideas?

2. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

take the cable out of your laptop, plug it into the "internet" or WAN port on the router. Set it up like a normal router with a dhcp internet connection.

3. lorkp thread starter macrumors member

It will recognize it wirelessly now, but it's still not functional. The connection's just really slow. It will play the song for a couple of seconds and then pause, play pause etc. However, I don't think it's the fault of my computer's wireless connection to the main network, because I can still stream music via the "Shared" panel in iTunes from other libraries wirelessly without a hiccup. Any ideas?

4. nc7r macrumors member

nc7r

Hi,

I know this topic's a little old but I'm having the same problem just about.

In my room at home, I've got 2 sets of speakers, some Harman Kardon ones which are wired into my MBP, then some Floorstanders which are wired to an amp.

The airport express station is plugged in, and connected to the Airport Express station. It connects with my computer easily and the green light is on constant.

However, when I switch from playing music from my Harman Kardons to the Airport Express station, every 7-10 seconds is stops for 1/2 seconds, re-streams then starts again - as you can imagine - VERY ANNOYING.

The station is literally 6 feet away from my computer any the wireless network I have is strong in my house. Has anyone else had any of these problems?

I might end up sending it back to Apple just because it doesn't work properly. I want it to work and it's really not wanting to! I've tried with Interference Robustness on and off but no luck.

Thanks,

Nick Carter