Problem connecting to Hard Drive attached to Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jmitch720, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jmitch720 macrumors member

I have had my Airport Extreme for 3 years. It's worked great, best router I've ever owned. I had never used the Hard Drive sharing feature until tonight, and it's giving me trouble. I have a LaCie Biggest Disk. It's an enclosure that holds 4 drives in RAID 5. I am getting 6TB of usable space. It's pretty awesome.

It worked fine connected to my iMac via FireWire 800. I dumped some movies off the iMac onto the LaCie. I then disconnected the LaCie and plugged it into the Airport via USB as this is where I intended the drive to stay.

The problem is when I browse to the drive in the Finder, I get to my list of movies and then Finder crashes, basically forcing me to restart the machine. Anyone have any insight?

I'm running 10.7.3 with the newest version of Airport utility and Airport extreme firmware.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I assume you have it formatted HFS+ and have checked to see if the drive has been corrupted somehow.

You should call LaCie to see if they've heard about that particular problem.