Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deluen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I'm having a problem setting up the time capsule. When it first starts up I find it on airport utility just fine and follow the setup instructions. However, after I apply the settings and the time capsule supposedly restarts I can no longer detect it on airport.

At this point the only thing I can do is to do a hard reset on the time capsule. After which i can detect it again, but again after its configured it becomes undetectable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Deluen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
That's the point, i can't find any network. I cant even reset normally, I have to do some combination of holding he reset button and unplugging and plugging back in for that to work. The time capsule basically becomes a brick.

But once I do manage to restart it, I can find it's wifi network again but i'm back to square 1.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
The only thing I can suggest is to try connecting to the TC via ethernet after you've done the changes to see if you can still detect it with AirPort Utility. That and make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the TC.

What settings are you using when you set up your TC? If you don't mind, could you include the details of what options you've selected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.