Problem connecting to wireless network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xceph, Oct 14, 2007.

1. xceph macrumors newbie

Hi all, I am trying to enable my iTouch on my schools wireless network.. I cant seem to get it to work, the login for my schools network requires a name and password, i cant seem to find a field for the user name on my ipod, only the password, and network name... some of the network info is listed below, also here ( http://www.mun.ca/cc/wireless_access...ss_windows.php )is a link to a complete tutorial on how to set it up for windows, it talks about the type of encryption and such that it uses, so it may be much clearer than what I could supply.

If anyone could help me set up this network, or simply tell me that its totally impossible and that I should give up I would appreciate it.

Oh in addition, the password and username are tied to my MAC address, they have already been succesfully generated.

- Network Authentication: WPA

- Data Encryption: “TKIP”

- EAP type: Protected EAP (PEAP)

-thanks.

2. jumpmaster macrumors newbie

WPA Enterprise is not supported by the iPod Touch.

Your link didn't work because it has "..." in the middle of it instead of the full link, but I found the info anyway...

They use WPA Enterprise (as indicated on step #7 on http://www.mun.ca/cc/wireless_access/wireless_windows.php --- PEAP is part of WPA Enterprise)

So, no...it won't work. The iPod Touch doesn't support WPA Enterprise. I can't use it at work for the same reason...yeah, it sucks.

3. xceph thread starter macrumors newbie

any idea if this will be added in the future, or can be added via some 3rd party hack?

4. colonelcack macrumors newbie

Yeah, I would really be interested in a 3rd party hack too! This was one of the things I was hoping for when the iPod Touch jailbreak was announced...does anyone know if there are any yet?

5. jumpmaster macrumors newbie

No, not yet. Hopefully one day...