problem deleting Windows Partition

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pizzicato, Sep 14, 2008.

1. pizzicato macrumors newbie

I think I've done something really stupid.

I'm selling my MacBook so I was trying to restore to factory settings. I thought doing so would get ride of my Windows Partition. It didn't...

I've restored to 10.4, which doesn't have Boot Camp, and I don't have 10.5... Of course, I now realize I should've deleted the Windows Partition via Boot Camp Beta before restoring to factory settings...

How can I remove Windows Partition now without upgrading to 10.5? Is there somewhere I can still get a copy of Boot Camp Beta? Or another method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Do you no longer have the beta? You can still get rid of partitions, you just can't make any more.

Oh, you don't. Look around the Internet for the beta; it's still flying around.

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

You can't just format the whole disk from Disk Utility? Make sure you've got it set up for '1 Partition' under the 'Partition Tab'.

4. pizzicato thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to partition in Disk Utility, but it wouldn't let me. It says, "this disk contains the start up volume and can't be partitioned."

I'm currently downloading a beta version of Boot Camp but it's taking forever.

Any other ideas as to how this might work?

Thanks for the help!