Problem: display has gone from high def to looking like an old tv

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeyV, Mar 24, 2012.

1. MikeyV macrumors newbie

Hello,

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. My screen has gone from being nice and crystal clear to looking like an old television. The colors are all still good, and otherwise the machine is running fine. I've played with the resolution settings to no avail. Playing with the energy saver didn't help either. The problem began after I'd cleaned the computer and keyboard, so there was a lot of button smashing going on.

15" Macbook Pro
    2.53 intel core 2 duo
    4 GB ddr 3
    nvidia 9400m

2. lamboman macrumors 6502

What do you mean by an old TV? Considering that my old CRT TV, while not high definition, was a damn sight better than those OLED TVs out there now...:confused:

3. ThunderSnake macrumors 6502

Maybe you messed with the contrast? Go to System Preferences > Universal Access to check your contrast setting.

4. fs454 macrumors 68000

Control - Option - Command - 8

You haven't really described it to be this but give it a try, this command inverts all colors.

5. MikeyV, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

MikeyV thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thank for your replies Gents,

Before I had returned to the forums I'd re-installed Lion, didn't work, ran about 15 restarts, didn't work, reset the pram, didn't work... eventually I got irritated enough to just turn the darn thing off and walk away. My buddy booted the damn thing up and everything's back to normal. I'm still dumbfounded and a little flabbergasted because now it's back to not working properly.

Now, to feed your good suggestions and questions: the display (everything) went from the crystal clear high definition display we expect from Apple products to looking like....grainy, square pixels, and thus blurry and hard to read. The colors were fine, the machine worked fine, just went to a display similar to a regular issue low quality cathode ray tube of our yesteryear.

Thanks again everyone,

Mikeyv