Problem downloading the 3.1.3 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dolorian, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I recently got a 3GS and when I plug it into iTunes I am prompted to download and install the 3.1.3 update (the phone has 3.1.2). But when I try to download it, at some random point during the process, the download fails because of an "unknown error". I am unable to resume the download and have to start from scratch again. I have tried several times but have always gotten the error during the download.

Any one knows what may be happening? Is there a way to download this update via the browser or torrent instead of iTunes? I know I can option click on the Update button in iTunes to select a downloaded file. But from where can I get it?

Thanks.

2. celticpride678

Have you tried restarting your iPhone and your computer?

3. Dolorian thread starter macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I had done that already but I tried again last night and it managed to download and update fine. Thanks.

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Do you have the latest iTunes? (iTunes 9.1) If not if you goole it there are sites that will let you download the 3.1.3 update. Then you just need to press shift restore (windows) or option restore (mac).

5. Dolorian thread starter macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Thanks. Yes I have the latest iTunes and the iPhone OS update managed to download fine last night. Thanks :)