Problem dragging over text, moving windows. Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jazhawk, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Jazhawk macrumors member

I have the weirdest problem with Leopard. I blog a lot and typically use my mouse to drag over text to copy and paste. Also, since I may have several windows open at once, I will sometimes drag a window to the side to get to one underneath. But what happens is when I drag the window, the window I drag minimizes.

And dragging over text won't pick up the text. The text will select while dragging over it but when I release the button, the text is no longer selected.

I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse and while running Tiger, I had no problems with it.

Any ideas?

-Jaz

2. Jazhawk thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know of a more technically oriented support site than this one? I realize my questions may require more than how to force quit an application.

-Jaz

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Do you have Logitech's software installed, or some other 3rd party mouse driver? Is it the latest version? Have you made sure the mouse buttons are configured correctly? What mouse is it? Have you tried creating a fresh user account to see if the problem persists? Did you perform an Upgrade install of Leopard or something else?

Surely you don't think that's the best advice you can get here. :)