Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slater1108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Okay, the first thing I'll say is that I was running 10.6.7 when I tried to download, that might have been the problem. I thought I was up to date on Snow Leopard. This is what I did though:

-Purchased Lion from App store
-Started Download
-Download bar shows that it's about 10% complete, a long way to go. Suddently it alerts me that the download is complete, which I couldn't believe.
-Tried installation and it said that the file could be corrupted or tampered with and didn't work.
-My thoughts: "Crap"
-I then download 10.6.8, restart and retry to no avail.

Here's what it looks like when I try now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBj9RCbEQg

My questions: Will I have to purchase again to be able to re-download? How do I re-download off the app store?

Input would be appreciated.

slater1108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
I may have jumped the gun on starting a thread about it. I figured it out myself. All I had to do was remove the Lion Installation file from my application folder and put it in the trash.

harlanleyside

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I had the same problem but I fail to see how getting rid of Lion installer can allow you to use it!
Obviously, if it is in the trash it cannot be used?

So, my problem remains.
I've just bought a new OS that is unusable!

slater1108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
After moving the installation file to the trash, go to the app store and click on the "purchased" tab. There will be an install button by Lion.

Moving it to the trash just allowed me to re-download, it didn't solve the fact that the first download was corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.