Problem ejecting disk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nickmod88, Feb 22, 2012.

1. nickmod88 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I put a CD into my diskdrive and as I did so it made a scraping sound, but I checked the disk and it wasn't being scratched. It was much harder than usual to put the disk in but eventually the drive ate it. Now I can't eject the disk. When I press 'eject,' the computer makes the normal sound of ejecting a disk, and for a second the disk icon disappears from my desktop, as if the computer thinks it has been ejected, but then the disk icon reappears.

I've tried rebooting holding F12 and the trackpad and tried disk utility eject.

Would love any tips

Thank you

2. mufufu macrumors member

If everything else fails, what I'd do is reboot, then immediately press and hold the eject button until the disc ejects. Pushing and hold down the mouse button while rebooting also gives the same effect.

3. dgbowers macrumors member

dgbowers

Was it a MiniDisk? Like the tiny CDs? If it was, you're gonna have a fun time trying to get that out. I had one stuck in a customer's computer once, and we spent hours getting that bugger out. If not, check the links that the others posted.

4. nickmod88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately nothing seems to work (and it's not a mini-disk). May have to just take it to the old mac shop. Cheers anyway

5. dgbowers macrumors member

dgbowers

The only trick I can think of is going to terminal and type drutil tray eject or drutil tray close

I've used it before to get stuck disks out.

6. kpgh554 macrumors regular

kpgh554

have you tried a lolly stick or something as thin using double sided tape. eg carpet tape click eject then use to pull it out.