Problem entering email addresses on websites using Ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by liscoole, Feb 22, 2013.

  1. liscoole macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #1
    Hi

    Hoping someone can help, I have googled my problem extensively without joy.

    Recently when trying to enter email addresses into websites using the IPad Mini, they are not being recognised or accepted and consequently the sites are throwing up the error message "Email address missing or not recognised".

    This has happened to me twice on two different websites in the past week and I am wondering has anyone else using ipad mini had these issues?

    I have gone to safari and checked to ensure cookies can be received.

    When i try it again using my laptop, it works perfectly. I have also had some issues where i press buttons on websites using Ipad mini and the command doesnt work.

    many thanks for any help
     
  2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

    rocknblogger

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #2
    Are you pasting or typing the full email address? As for buttons, I find it touch and go. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Sometimes I find that when I zoom the email address field it works when otherwise it didn't. Hopefully that helps a bit. Maybe others may give you other suggestions. Good luck
     
  3. liscoole thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    #3
    aha!

    I have worked it out... after entering my email address i was pressing the space bar and then pressing download! The site was seeing the space and telling me that the email address was incorrect. This doesnt seem to happen when you use a laptop.

    This is a very easy mistake to make! Anyway, its sorted now. Thank you!
     
  4. testcard macrumors 68030

    testcard

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2009
    Location:
    Middle England
    #4
    If you're regularly typing your email address into web pages, try creating a shortcut. General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Saves time.
     
  5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

    HazyCloud

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    #5
    I use this all the time. However, some sites won't accept an email from a shortcut since it always adds a space at the end. I'd have to guess though that I only have trouble with 5-10% of sites not accepting it. It's well worth it for the other 90%.
     
  6. Night Spring macrumors G5

    Night Spring

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    #6
    Easy enough to delete the space. I've also found that if you tap "next" or just push return if there is no "next," it enters the shortcut without adding a space.
     

Share This Page