Problem Exporting Video From Final Cut Pro X

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by nickyj182, Aug 4, 2017.

1. nickyj182 macrumors regular

nickyj182

Here's a little back story. Me and a friend of mine have been working on a short film for about 5 months now and finally just finished a week or two ago. We have intentions of submitting it to many short film festivals near us, but ran into a major issue.

The film is a little over nine minutes long, when we went to share/export it from Final Cut Pro X it won't allow us to export it because some of the video that we edited is still be referenced off a SD card we shot the film on. I don't think I can possibly explain how much time on YouTube and Google I have spent trying to solve this problem. From reimporting the footage, copy and pasting the project, nothing seems to work. Its only the final scene that is doing this.

An idea I had was, use QuickTime to record the screen and just play the video from Final Cut, which worked all well and good except the frame rate stutters at a crazy level when doing that.

Does anyone have any outside the box thinking on how in the world I can make a copy of my own movie??

Thanks in advance!

2. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Are you saying that the original video is on an SD card and when you imported into FCP you set it to leave files in place?

Do you still have the SD card with the video intact?

Does the original video reside somewhere on the computer where you can relink.

What you are seeing in your preview/project screen is a series of thumbnails for display, not the original video. When FCP exports, it finds the original video to process for export.

It may stutter because you don't have enough CPU to both play and screen record at the same time.

You may be able to find the thumbnail file and reimport it... but it will be at a much lower quality.

Do you have any backups of the original video?