Problem getting apps from phone to watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Uppercut05, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Uppercut05 macrumors regular

I am going crazy with this. It should just happen, right? Let's use Uber as an example. I have the app on my phone. I have the privacy settings to allow location services. Yet it simply will not show up in my Apple Watch app, and therefore I can't get it on my watch.

I'm sure it's something dumb, but wtf am I doing wrong or not doing right? Had the same issue with Twitter a few days ago but it seemed to resolve itself. Maybe some sync issue?

2. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

Go to apple watch app, scroll down to see uber and it's settings, click on it and swipe "appear on apple watch"

3. Uppercut05 thread starter macrumors regular

like I said in my post, it doesn't appear in the Apple Watch app. It's just not there...

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

It's not intuitive , I expected apps or appear, though had to manually add them and per post above.

5. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

Re download app again and see if that works?

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Search for Uber in the watch app and see if it allows your to add it

7. Uppercut05 thread starter macrumors regular

if I search for it in the watch app, it brings it up, and opens it... in my iPhone. Still nothing. Driving me crazy

----------

worth a try I guess

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

So when you open ur Apple watch app, click on my watch, scroll right down to the bottom , u do not see an icon for Uber? Cause that is where you need to enable show app on Apple watch

9. Uppercut05 thread starter macrumors regular

that's exactly what I'm saying. Scroll down to 3rd party apps and it is simply not there and I can't work out why or how to get it there. Wtf?

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

That's really annoying. That is where mine is, uber that is. I'd reinstall uber on your phone first and try again. Looks like you found a bug.

11. Uppercut05 thread starter macrumors regular

sigh. Yeah I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling.

How many apps do you have showing? I have 3 pages of iPhone 6+ apps, but only 9 are showing on Apple Watch... is that ludicrously low?

I'm going to try restarting both devices. Can't hurt hey

----------

aaaand surprise surprise, turning off and on worked. Thanks for helping me think through it

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

Post a picture of your app layout from the iPhone watch app

Also try restarting both phone and watch

Or unpair the watch & reconnect

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I only have a couple of pages. You are going to have to manually enable most of those to appear on your watch.

What I find silly is when you search for apps in the apple watch app, and click open, they open the iPhone version.

----------

I never post pics on here, and as you need to host them on a URL, can you recommend what is the best way to get them on MR?

14. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I've had this a couple of times, and the "fix" has been to hard reboot my phone, then that apps show up in the watch app

Additionally, I had a problem where the app was in the list and just said 'installing on watch' but wasn't actually. So I had to to delete and reinstall that app :(