Carrier Problem going from Verizon to T-Mobile on iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ycoidi2000, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ycoidi2000 macrumors member

After having successfully gone from Verizon to T-Mobile on my iPad mini, I thought I'd get a micro SIM and go for the free 200 MB on my iPad 3. After I shut it down, put the new SIM in, and then re-provisioned, all seemed to go well (I see T-Mobile up in the upper-left-hand corner).

What I'm not seeing under cellular data is the "View Account" button. Instead, I have the "Set Up Personal Hotspot" button, which clearly isn't what I want. I've tried resetting all network settings, but that didn't seem to work, either.

So...what have I done wrong? I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. :(

Thanks!

2. PLin macrumors 6502

On my AT&T iPad 3, I also couldn't sign up under Cellular Data. It's not exactly intuitive, but you have to open Safari, which should redirect you to a T-Mobile sign up page.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you turn wifi off, reprovision, turn off then on, then open safari & go to a site does it redirect to TMob?

4. ycoidi2000 thread starter macrumors member

I tried and got:

"Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding."

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

iPad 3rd Gen had 2 different models of LTE. One for ATT & one for Verizon. It may not be possible to use on T-Mobile.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Worked for me on my Verizon ipad3

Tmobile's servers can be wonky, also it took a little bit of it just sitting with wifi off to update carrier settings, then going to a web page allowed me to sign up for the free 200mb. I may have had to use chrome browser instead of safari, I don't recall offhand.

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

The View Account thing didn't show up on my Verizon iPad, either but with wi-fi off, I got redirected to http://mim.t-mobile.com/ where I was able to set up my account. Right now, I think T-Mobile's just experiencing an unusually high volume of sign-ups so their server might act wonky on occasion.

8. ycoidi2000 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the help. Late last night I was able to get it to work!

9. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

How?

10. ycoidi2000 thread starter macrumors member

I tried later in the evening to refresh Safari and the t-mobile site came up (with wifi turned off).