Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ycoidi2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
After having successfully gone from Verizon to T-Mobile on my iPad mini, I thought I'd get a micro SIM and go for the free 200 MB on my iPad 3. After I shut it down, put the new SIM in, and then re-provisioned, all seemed to go well (I see T-Mobile up in the upper-left-hand corner).

What I'm not seeing under cellular data is the "View Account" button. Instead, I have the "Set Up Personal Hotspot" button, which clearly isn't what I want. I've tried resetting all network settings, but that didn't seem to work, either.

So...what have I done wrong? I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. :(

Thanks!

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003
On my AT&T iPad 3, I also couldn't sign up under Cellular Data. It's not exactly intuitive, but you have to open Safari, which should redirect you to a T-Mobile sign up page.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If you turn wifi off, reprovision, turn off then on, then open safari & go to a site does it redirect to TMob?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
iPad 3rd Gen had 2 different models of LTE. One for ATT & one for Verizon. It may not be possible to use on T-Mobile.

Worked for me on my Verizon ipad3

Tmobile's servers can be wonky, also it took a little bit of it just sitting with wifi off to update carrier settings, then going to a web page allowed me to sign up for the free 200mb. I may have had to use chrome browser instead of safari, I don't recall offhand.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The View Account thing didn't show up on my Verizon iPad, either but with wi-fi off, I got redirected to http://mim.t-mobile.com/ where I was able to set up my account. Right now, I think T-Mobile's just experiencing an unusually high volume of sign-ups so their server might act wonky on occasion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.