problem i dont know what to call

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bogie418, Aug 6, 2014.

1. bogie418 macrumors newbie

I was organizing/deleting some files to organize a folder. Then I was doing some other things as well such as reading mail etc. I went back to the folder I was trying to organize and it was as if I had done nothing, but I had spent and hour organizing documents into subfolders. Then I went to this folder (not the one I was working one) and the documents have this gibberish on them. Please see screen shot. Im lost here.

I tried to open the funny doc with what I think they would be:either a word doc, or a pdf, but no luck

An ideas.
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Those look like maybe cache files put there by some app. Can you do a command-i for info on a few of those to see the creation date/time to maybe help figure out what app did this?

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

And change to list/detail view to see the folders, dates, etc.

4. bogie418 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that

Still a weird one, this macbook has been running great for 3 years with no issues at all

just delete and move on?

Attached Files:

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I would just delete them. Can you think of an app or anything you did at exactly that date/time? Maybe running Vuze and those are torrent temp files?

6. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

I have had this some years ago, and there was an app which was known to do it. I can't remember now what it was. Solution was to delete, but there was a way of preventing them too, but too long ago to remember now, and difficult problem to google.

This link might be related.