problem in Entourage, not in mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by h0e0h, May 17, 2008.

1. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

My work email requires SSL authentication for receiving email, but not for sending (idk why). Anyway, In Entourage I have no problem receiving mail, but cannot send a message from home. From work, there's no problem sending or receiving. The odd thing, though, is that in Mail I can send AND receive from home, haven't tested at work. i would much rather use Entourage, but if I can't send from it it doesn't help me much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. For reference... the smtp server is secure.emailsrvr.com

2. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

any suggestions on the situation that is growing my frustration by the minute? BTW, Mail sends and receives both from home and work, where as entourage will send and receive from work but only receive from home... ugh:mad:

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Set up SSL authentication for your outgoing as well. I would be the settings exist. The outgoing is trying to hit the server at work.

4. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

i've tried that, still can't send from home. The settings in Mail and Entourage are exactly the same as far as authentication and what not.

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Set up another outgoing box with your home provider's outgoing SSL. I've done that before and it worked.

Did you ask your IT peeps?

6. h0e0h thread starter macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

my IT people are about as useful and a blind judge at a bikini contest. Besides, I've already asked the head guy up there and he didn't even know the system 'was compatible with Macs, matter of fact it shouldn't allow you to connect period with anything other than MS Outlook" <-- direct quote from the head of IT... looks like i'll just have to stick with mail :mad:

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint