Problem in Jailbroken iPhone. How to get support?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macfrik, Apr 7, 2010.

1. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Hello guys,
    I have a 8GB 3G iPhone which was jailbroken. Can't really remember the software version. I think it was 3.1.

Okay, so I was doing an IM chat using BeeJive IM client in my iPhone and suddenly it hang and I restarted it. Here is the problem, after the reboot, it can't even get in to the OS. It stuck under the Pineapple Logo for a very long time until the battery was dead. I tried to connect it to my Mac but still, it wont work.

I need to drop off my computer tomorrow at Apple. Hoping to see Genius to fix this issue. What do you guys think I should do? Is seeing a Genius good thing knowing that my phone is jailbroken?

Thanks. All help would be much appreciated.

2. macfrik thread starter macrumors 6502

macfrik

Thanks for your prompt reply. I actually dont think that formatiing the iPhone is a good way since I got a lot of info still on the iPhone. I need to back up the data first than reformat it.

Do you know any other way to solve this?

thanks again.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its stuck on the boot logo you can try irecovery to get it out.
    If that fails plug it into itunes and see if it lets you back it up.
    If not there isnt much else you can do but restore it.

4. AppleHack23 macrumors member

Well like AppleJuiced said, you can either lose your information, and have your phone fixed, or lose your information, and have a paperweight.

5. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

If you would have backed up your iPhone regularly and magically saved your cydia junk this wouldn't be a problem, now would it?