Problem in starting VM after updating to Fusion 5.0.2

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hajime, Mar 23, 2013.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I just updated to Fusion 5.0.2. When I tried to run the Windows installed under Bootcamp using Fusion, I got:

"You have started VMware Fusion with an out-of-date copy of the application. VMware Fusion cannot power on virtual machines using this copy (version 5.0.2). To power on this virtual machine, run VMware Fusion from the default location."

Anybody knows how to resolve this issue? I am not sure what they asked me to do. Also, 5.0.2 is the latest version. Why it is called out-of-date?

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

My university is offering VMWare Fusion 5.0.3 on their site.... perhaps you just need an extremely minor update? Probably just some bugfixes and what not.

I honestly don't know, I went the boot camp route and have Windows on a separate partition... :\

3. mannyo1221 macrumors member

The latest version is indeed 5.0.3 , mine downloaded the update during last week when I selected "check for updates"

4. chrfr macrumors 603

As the others mentioned, update to 5.0.3 and be sure that Fusion is in your main Applications folder as well.