Problem installing Acidsearch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by riverteeth, Apr 25, 2008.

1. riverteeth macrumors newbie

I'm just getting used to Safari, after having used Firefox for years. Mostly I like it, clean and VERY fast. But I can't get the very much lauded Acidsearch plugin to work. After going through the installation steps, I get a message that says installation complete, but when I click on the magnifying glass in the google search bar, nothing additional choices come up like it says there should be at the Acidsearch site. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same problem, AcidSearch says that installation was successful (and the appropriate files were installed in my Library folder), but no changes in Safari. Any ideas?

3. riverteeth thread starter macrumors newbie

I still haven't figured this one out. I've pretty much gone back to firefox full time due to this problem. Although I still use Safari occasionally when asian text doesn't display properly in firefox. Seems odd that Acidsearch would just install like that.

4. -Martin macrumors member

Not Ready for Prime Time?

I believe it's as simple as not having been upgraded to work with Leopard. (Check out http://www.pozytron.com.)