Problem installing El Captain

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by lockey3190, Oct 4, 2015.

1. lockey3190 macrumors newbie

lockey3190

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade to El captain, I've downloaded it from the app store but it did not automatically boot the installer and I can't seem to re-download or boot the installer manually, any help?

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Check to see if the installer is in your Applications folder (look for "Install OS X El Capitan"). It should be about 6 Gb. If it is there then launch it and install. Be aware that the "Install OS X El Capitan" installer app will automatically delete itself after it has completed the install, so if you want to save it then copy it to another drive before launch and install.

3. WCWcam macrumors newbie

Be aware El Captain is a beta version and one should consider installing it onto a partitioned drive before converting your main drive to El Captain. I have already had to restore my drive back to 10.10.5 because of some incompatible issues. As a result I did a clean installation of El Captain and mitigated my apps over and solved the problems I had. This tip could save you hours of time.

4. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

???? Not Beta since Sep 30

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its out in general release.

OP, go to the app store and select the purchase tabs, from there you should be able to re-download the installer.