Problem Installing iLife '08

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by surfer99, Sep 18, 2007.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Quick question for everyone, I am trying to install iLife 08 and to save space and since I dont use garage band, iDVD, and iCalander I only want to download iMovie, and iPhoto. So i just installed iPhoto first and it installed fine. I now am attempting to install iMovie and for some reason I get through all the steps and it asks me to enter my password for the computer and just after I do that and right before it starts the install a message pops up that says "Please try installing again" and at the top of the install box it says "there were errors installing the software". My first thought was I dont have enough space on my hard drive but after looking into it I have 2.9gb free and according to install I only need 49.8 mb. Now I know that I am coming very close to running out of space (and I have a brand new 200gb hard drive on order) but I still thought it would load. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well you'll need about 8GB of free space to run OSX smoothly and ensure no data loss or freezing occurs. Free up some space and then see how things go... Also, does the install process leave any remnants of iMovie on your system? In particular, look in the relevant Receipts folders. :)