problem installing logic pro

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jason666, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jason666 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have purchased logic pro x for my macbook.

I was installing logic pro and during the progress the mac went down (battery empty).

Now i want to install logic pro again, but the installation does not finish. The progress bar is also not running.

I only can see "installing", and that's it. I left the installation more than 10 hours.... running, but still installing.

I have tried it many times, but always the same problem.

How can I resolve this? Hope someone can help me.

I also tried to remove logic pro from the applications menu, but that doesn't help.

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Firstly, the minimum spec for Logic X is 10.8. You don't say what your OS is, but you've posted in the 10.7 forum.

Secondly, ALWAYS install with the power supply plugged in.

Next, Verify your hard drive. Boot to the Recovery Partition, and run Disk Utility there on your startup volume and Repair the DISK. (Not permissions, which is usually pointless.)

You may also want to download the installer app again.

3. jason666 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry for the poor information.
    I have my macbook only for a few days.
    My OS is Mountain Lion. Dont know really the version, probably 10.8.

The best i have to do is restore factory settings on the macbook.

I've searched on the net how to restore but i've found many ways to do it.

I have a macbook with retina display, without cd player.

I've read that when i do factory setting, i loose some apps that came when i purchased the mac. I have to buy them at app store. is this true?

How do i do a factory reset on my macbook?

4. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Mountain Lion IS 10.8. You'll find the version number in "About This Mac" under the Apple menu. So that's alright, then.

If you've come from Windows, then you're probably used to wiping the disk and doing a clean install or "factory reset" every time you get the slightest problem.

On OS X performing a "Clean install" of the OS is not usually necessary, as there are other methods of fixing the problem. However, sometimes, advising a clean install is the easiest (though not the quickest) method when you don't know what the problem actually is.

As for the apps: they should be under your Apple ID account in the Mac App Store. See if they are under the Purchases tab.
    Also: you should have a backup, just in case. I have no sympathy for people who lose files and have no backup.

Next: Did you do what I suggested? Boot into Recovery Partition and run Disk Utility to Repair the DISK. You could try repairing permissions, as well, if you like.http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718
    The instructions here also show you how to reinstall the OS.

Did you try re-downloading the Logic installer?

Also, open the Console app in the Utilities folder, and see if there are any useful messages relating to Logic's installation.