Problem installing parallels bootcamp not showing

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by FTLOSM, Jul 10, 2012.

1. FTLOSM macrumors member

Hi, I have a 27" imac with 2 hard drives the mac side has the 256 ssd with Lion on it, and the bootcamp stuff is loaded on the 2nd drive (a 2tb internal drive partitioned to 500gb for bootcamp).

When I started up lion and installed parallels, activated it and got to the step where I either buy windows migrate from another pc etc in the walk thrus it shows import windows from boot camp, and shows that option on the far right, but in my screens I don't see that option of importing from boot camp.

Is this because my bootcamp partition is not on the same drive as my mac installation? Is there a way to work around this or something as I have bootcamp here on that 2nd drive all setup and going fine, sure hate to have to erase it and squeeze it onto that same small 256 ssd.

Anyone ever come across this, I should say I am pretty new to apple but I am following the directions in the instruction book for parallels and have been reading around and seen the screenshot of choosing bootcamp http://kb.parallels.com/en/112941but my screen is minus that choose bootcamp part.

Bill

2. De Rocca macrumors member

Hi, I also have similar issues on a 27" (Core2Duo).

First i tried installing windows using parallels desktop (on the mac harddisk)
    When I come to the point where Win 7 should start to install, nothing happends. I only get something like 'please wait', and a cancel button.

Then i tried creating a bootcamp partition with Win 7 inside. This works fine.

Then you can import this bootcamp partition in Parallels desktop in multiple ways, so you can use it when booted in Mac-mode but none of these options works for me... Again parallels should start doing something with Win 7 but nothing happends. You can only press the cancel button...

I think it has something to do with restrictions or whatever, but i ran disk utility multiple times, and the drive is healthy...

3. bubba*nix macrumors member