Problem installing Windows 7 64bit on Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ImShane, Oct 9, 2013.

1. ImShane macrumors member

I have an annoying problem. The ISO image file that I have has been made into a DVD and a Flash drive (Yes i tried both)..

It's a x64 and x86 all in one Windows 7 Ultimate ISO file. When I load this into bootcamp it says you need a 64-bit Windows. The exact error message is this.

Need 64-bit Windows installation USB drive or DVD
    Boot Camp only supports 64-Bit Windows installation on this platform. Please use a USB drive or DVD which contains 64-bit windows.'

The ISO image file has both installations and it cannot be split.(or can it?)

I don't know why bootcamp doesn't detect that the x64 is there also. It worked fine on my MBP.

My iMac is the late 2012 model and 10.8.4

Can anyone please help me im lost. (This is why is hate windows, always problems, always..)

2. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

Your problem has been discussed before and this thread offers more than one way to get around it.

3. scheibel macrumors newbie

Same here.. I still get the 32 bit message after doing all those steps..
    Im wondering if we could open that iso and make another one just with the 64bit inside.. Anyway, I have a Lion back home and Im going to try to use the older version of the boot camp. If it works, Im going to upload the older version of bootcamp and post it here.