Problem installing Windows in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by La Chupacabra, Jan 21, 2014.

1. La Chupacabra macrumors newbie

La Chupacabra

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with Windows 7 installation in boot camp. I've done many times before, but every time I try to do it again, the same problem always appears.
    When I start boot camp on my MBP it only allows me to download Windows Support software, the other option to install Windows is not available. When I try to download the software it comes up with some error message that it's not available.
    My questions are:
    1) Why the option Install or remove Windows 7 is not available?
    2) If I downloaded BootCamp files straight from Apple site can I skip that step from Boot Camp assistant and go straight to Windows installation?
    3) Is the normal installation disc with Windows 7 is OK to use for a installation?

2. Quackers macrumors 6502a

3. La Chupacabra, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014

La Chupacabra thread starter macrumors newbie

La Chupacabra

It's 64 bit Windows 7, Mac OS is Maverick. MBP is from 2010. Is it essential to download Windows support software first in order to install Windows 7? When I try to download it it gives me a message that it is not currently available from the software server update.

4. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Had the identical issue downloading from their servers for my Mac Pro a few months ago. Download 5.0.5033 from apple bootcamp site direct, unpack the contents and copy the lot to the root of a fat formatted usb stick. Untick the support box and press next to install 7x64!

----------

The 7 DVD has to be the full version else the bca software will not accept it btw..