Problem installing windows on Mac ( boot Camp)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by theslaz, Jan 1, 2012.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

Brand new Imac for Xmas with the latest Lion OS. Decided in all my wisdom to use Boot Camp to install Windows 7 Ultimate. The windows installation went great; however; I can't figure out how to boot into the Apple operating system. Did some reading via Google and I read an article how to install windows and a comment was made that one should be sure to install the Windows operating system on "C" drive. When I was given the choice in Boot Camp; it suggested "D" drive to be partitioned ( 50 gig for windows ). I went along with this!
    Please tell me I didn't screw up!!!

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you press and hold the OPTION/Alt key during startup?

3. theslaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    At first I didn't know that I had to press a key; I assumed it would just show me a screen with my choices. However; I did some reading and I saw that the "Option" key was mentioned. I did try that a couple of times and it didn't work! I than tried it again after reading your reply and it worked.

Thank you!!!!!!!

4. Lucianrider macrumors member

You can change the boot order from within windows by going to the control panel/boot camp and setting which drive to boot from by default.
    However to boot back into windows after setting osx as the default drive you will need to hold the option key down on restart.