Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Forest91

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
UK
Hi all
I have command and conquer zero hour on my mac. I want to play it online but when I attempt install the update the colors go funny, and when I try and join a game in gameranger it says im still stuck on version 1.0. Not the easiest thing to explain so I took a screenshot.
picture1ban.png

Anyone got any ideas as to what might be going wrong?
:confused:

smacky!

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
Ummm...

you may have gotten the 'bad' patch - seems to me IIRC, that when i got the patch from the EA site (i think?) that the dmg file updates it wrong?

I found another patch (where, I can't recall right now, sorry!) and it seemed to do the job - also, comments at the site i got it at reflected that some of the patches out there were the 'bad' ones.

the update should say 'ZH v.1.02' when you go to the options menu - It should update Gens to 1.04, but ZH to 1.02 - those updates are all you need to play all the mods out there.

You do know you can load PC mods for ZH, right? LMK if not - been playing ZH for years now and have encountered just about every issue you can imagine, so ic an offer help if you get stuck somewhere - just PM me or send me an email at magnetbox(at)hotmail.com - and i can even send you the update dmg i have (and reuse every time i reinstall after cleaning out a mod).

what i would do is, clean out ALL files related to G:ZH (incl. Sys/Library files), reinstall, then apply the patch - here's the link to the patch file and the resulting comments - again, if you get stuck, email me!

Good luck and fight on commander!:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.