Problem Involving Classic Environment!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheDarkEnforcer, Jul 27, 2010.

1. TheDarkEnforcer macrumors newbie

Hi all, my name is Bob, and this is my first post here on MacRumors Forums! :)

Anyway, I have a problem that I'm hoping that someone here can help me with.

I recently bought a computer from a private citizen, and its running fine, except for 1 MAJOR snafu. It would seem that somehow the dumb ass was able to delete the ENTIRETY of the Classic Environment, and without it I'm unable to do ALOT of things!!! :(

I tried simply sticking an OS 9 install disk into the computer and booting from it in order to reinstall the Classic profile, however the computer was unwilling to boot from that disk. :eek:

Now, I really don't want to wipe my hard drive in order to regain access to the Classic Environment. So is there any possible way that I could force the issue with my computer? Or am I up a creek with this one? :confused:

I'm currently Running OS 10.4.11.

Thanks in advance to anybody who offers help, as it will be much appreciated!!!

2. Eastend macrumors 6502

You need to explain to everyone exactly what type of Mac you have. The Power PC was the only machine that could use Mac OS 9 without a emulator. That includes the G5, although the G5 could not boot into OS 9 it could be used within OS X. Intel Macs need a emulator, go here.....

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2006/08/7352/

Anyway, first you need to post what exactly your Mac is.

3. TheDarkEnforcer thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, here's the Computer Specs (From Hardware Overview):
    Machine Name: Power Mac G4
    Machine Model: PowerMac3,4
    CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
    CPU Speed: 1.47 GHz
    L2 Cache: 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 2 MB
    Memory: 1.5 GB
    Bus Speed: 133 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: 4.2.8f1

Is this enough to go on, or do I need to provide more information?