[problem] ios8 iphone 6 - goes to auto max volume.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vree, Oct 28, 2014.

1. vree macrumors member

Hello,

So i have this problem when listening to music.
    Locking the iphone and then changing the volume.

One in a while it will just automatically go to max volume. Volume icon stays stuck on screen. And when I try to turn it down it automatically goes back up and icon still stuck.

Only when I turn the iphone of and back on the problem goed away.

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

Were you using EarPods? Could be that the remote is malfunctioning causing the volume to increase

4. vree thread starter macrumors member

Ios 8.0
    I was using the apple earphones included with the phone.
    Didn't think about pulling them out and back in.
    Maybe that is the issue.

Will try to do that next time it happens thanks.

5. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

6. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Possibly a volume gate. Hopefully will be front page WSJ and TC will step down.

7. vree thread starter macrumors member

8. kittencounter macrumors member

I have the same problem and I asked around my friends and they have the same problem.
    - For example when I listen to Spotify at a certain volume level and a notification sound (not standard one like Hangouts, Facebook chat) comes in, the volume will reset to max. I have to set my max volume level to a bearable limit because it will reset no matter what.
    - There is also another problem. The music playback often pauses while browsing certain content or apps contents (Images, GIFs...etc.) are loading. This is very annoying and I don't know what to do.

Both problems were there since 8.0 and still persisting in 8.1. If anyone know what is causing this or any fix please share with us. Thx.

9. vree thread starter macrumors member

This is not what I explained above.
    My volume doesn't reset. It automatically goes to max volume and when I lower it, the bars go one by one back up to max volume and the volume icon is stuck on the screen. Even the lockscreen.

10. Manatlt macrumors 6502a

This happened to me once on iOS 8.0.2 while using Runkeeper. Never encountered the problem again so far, but I think 8.1 helps.

11. masstsnk macrumors newbie

Happenes to me on my iPhone 6 Plus too

I am also having this problem. I got the phone replaced for a new one once (iPhone 6 Plus) and now it's happening with the replacement. I'm on the latest operating system - what other options are there!? Has anyone else solved it??