Problem - is it Macdrive or my HD?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by e7e, May 28, 2009.

1. e7e macrumors member

So Ive been using Macdrive for transfering files between HFS+ (OSX) and NTFS (Win XP), whenever Iam in bootcamp. Each time I transfer something large from win partition to my OSX partition using Macdrive (files around 6-8 GB) I often get the disc error message "You disc need repair".

So I was wondering, is the problem my HD or is it the program macdrive? Please tell me your experience with MacDrive.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Just to be sure your HD doesn't have disk damage, boot from your Mac OS X install disc, and choose Disk Utility from the Utilities menu, instead of installing Mac OS X. Verify your disk.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Seconded, although the verification can actually be done from within Mac OS X. To actually repair the disk, the MBP must be booted from the OS X disc.

Why leave anything to chance? Verify the disk which will give you a sure answer as to whether the file system is corrupt or not. Are you using the latest version of MacDrive?

4. e7e thread starter macrumors member

Yes I ran verify a couple of times, the disc appears to be fine, but after transferring large files within bootcamp it messes up my OSX partition again. The problem repeats after transfering. I am using version 7.23 I think.