Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knuit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Recently my Macbook Pro has seemed to develop a problem joining WPA2 networks that I have credentials saved for automatically, both at home and at school.

At school it selects the network, but doesn't automatically authenticate, I need to go into the wireless settings and set it to 'connect' with the proper credentials selected in the 802.1x box.

At home, it doesn't even select my home network automatically, I need to go and select it myself, but then it authenticates properly.

Is there something I can do that will just delete ALL of my wireless configurations and associated content? I'm tempted to just wipe it and format if nothing else.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
One suggestion; in the Network panel of System Preferences you can try creating a new location (perhaps one for school and one for home) and set things up how you like with each and see if this mitigates the problem or not.

Knuit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Hmm, nope. Initially it looked like it worked, but the next day the same problems were occurring.

It still pops up with with a dialog asking for authentication even though I have them entered for the network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.