Problem Networking with Vista

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jayhawk11, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Hey guys,

I got brave today and tried to set up my fiance's laptop on my home network. I followed the guide here on Macrumors, but on my MBP, the option for "Windows Sharing" doesn't exist. Its not even an option under the sharing portion of System Preferences. Any ideas?

I'm running 10.5.1 on a 2.2 SR MBP

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

They did up the sharing on leopard so it's different. If it's ftp sharing you want just go into file sharing and options... That should tide you over till you figure out how to do it properly

3. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

under system preferences > network > advanced, select WINS tab and make sure you have the workgroups matching on the two computers... then under system preferences > sharing > select file sharing then click option and enable smb

4. MacAodh macrumors regular

Just had another quick look there, if you go into remote login you can use ssh remote login which will allow you to use the user accounts off the mac. Not exactly sure how to do this but i know i did it before and it's not too difficult. Again, probably not exactly what your looking for but hope it helps somewhat