Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klnorth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
I am a new mac user and I bought the new Macbook 2.2 GHZ about 10 days ago. Today I noticed that the Green light that indicates the iSight is on wont go off. When I open Photobooth the picture does not show but the green light is still on. Any thoughts on how to reset the iSight camera?

Thanks,
Kirby

product26

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
I am a new mac user and I bought the new Macbook 2.2 GHZ about 10 days ago. Today I noticed that the Green light that indicates the iSight is on wont go off. When I open Photobooth the picture does not show but the green light is still on. Any thoughts on how to reset the iSight camera?

Thanks,
Kirby

my sisters did this. All i did to fix it was power down. unplug the power adapter and remove the battery for a couple of minutes.

Skyburning

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2007
I've had the same problem and I just shut it down and waiting about 10 seconds and powered it back up. I didn't need to take the battery out or unplug it or anything.

klnorth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Thanks for the support

I had re-booted several times and that did not work. When I removed the battery and left it out for about 5 minutes then it came up correctly.

I am used to having to do that to a windows machine...hehe.

jkoerber

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
I had the same problem this morning after swapping the two 512MB RAM modules in my MacBook with the 1GB ones from my Al iMac which I just upgraded to 4GB (Yay, MacBook now has 2GB RAM).

I found that resetting the SMC (System Management Controller) by removing the battery and power cord on the MacBook, and then pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds, then re-attaching the battery and power cord, fixed my problem the fastest.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303319

Jon

airfang

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
I had the same problem this morning after swapping the two 512MB RAM modules in my MacBook with the 1GB ones from my Al iMac which I just upgraded to 4GB (Yay, MacBook now has 2GB RAM).

I found that resetting the SMC (System Management Controller) by removing the battery and power cord on the MacBook, and then pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds, then re-attaching the battery and power cord, fixed my problem the fastest.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303319

Jon

But what if the problem comes again and again... -_-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.