Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill&Rose

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
I just discovered that the letter "o" will not work when I use the shift key.

I can use the caps lock and I can get a capitol "O" but if I use the shift key nothing will type.

Problem key board? Did I hit some combination that disabled it? :confused:

The MacBook Pro is not even a month old yet so it is under warranty so I am not worried about that, I also have apple care extended warranty so I am fully covered in that regard.

Bill&Rose

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
OK, so I found out why I could not type an upper case "O" when using the shift key.

If you have the speech reader turned on and it defaults to the key combination of "Shift - O" to activate the speech program you loose the ability to type an upper case "O" while using the shift key.
:)

aleksandra.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Warsaw, Poland
OK, so I found out why I could not type an upper case "O" when using the shift key.

If you have the speech reader turned on and it defaults to the key combination of "Shift - O" to activate the speech program you loose the ability to type an upper case "O" while using the shift key.
:)

And there I thought this kind of problems was monopolized by Windows. (I think in some version of XP there was an alt+c combination which made it impossible to type ć :)).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.