Problem Ordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dtp8513, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Dtp8513 macrumors regular

I ordered one with ATT last night and my credit card company declined the transaction for whatever reason (I hate them). I got an email saying I needed to verify the billing details on ATT, but when I try to, the phone number is down. In the meantime, I ordered another iPhone on Apple.com.

Two questions:

1) How long did it take to get the confirmation email on Apple (I want to make sure it went through)

2) Do you think I will have a problem that I have two orders placed?

Thanks!

2. Dtp8513 thread starter macrumors regular

3. c5ride macrumors member

Just a word of caution, and this is in no way meant to scare you, BUT:

With the IP4 launch, I was able to get an order with ATT through to last step before confirmation when their servers crashed, no email, nothing, so I suspected the order did not go through. I was able to get an order placed with Apple.com soon after. 2 Days later ATT sent me a confirmation email, so I cancelled that one. Well 3 days before delivery, Apple cancelled my order with them because they still showed I had used my upgrade for a phone through ATT. I was so pissed. Please make sure early that the ATT order did not place, and if it did, cancell and have them revert your upgrade eligibility. Only ATT can do it.

4. Dtp8513 thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I will leave both orders open then.. Thanks for the advice.. Worst case is they both ship and I return one.

5. c5ride macrumors member

6. Dtp8513 thread starter macrumors regular

I've been on hold with ATT for 45 minutes...

GRRRRRR