Problem printing from iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Photo2950, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Photo2950 macrumors newbie

I need help with color printing with my iMac 27. I'm using PS Elements (I've also have and tried Lightroom 4) and a Canon x6520 printer. I'm relatively new to the Mac having been on a PC for about 25 years, or more. I still have a PC with CS3 installed and I can connect it to the same printer and get a pretty good looking print. The prints that I'm getting on any software that is installed on the iMac appear like they don't have enough saturation or, perhaps, the black portions of the image are missing? I've tried to change many of the settings in the "preferences" pull down on the Mac, but no help. I do not have CS3 for the Mac. This is forcing me to copy my images (and I shoot a lot with high-end DSLR and other cameras) to a thumb drive and install it in the PC and print from there with CS3, and I get pretty good looking prints. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any help I can get.

2. Squirkytunkle macrumors member

Have you any screen calibration tools? I print my images to a large format Epson printer and use a Spyder Pro for screen calibration. It definitely helped me massively in getting accurate prints (which i was struggling with beforehand).

Also, have you tried downloading the specific ICC profile for the paper you are using with your specific printer? I downloaded the profiles for the Hahnemühle papers I use and selecting the right ones for my specific printer, and it did make a big difference too! I was having all sorts of problems with print accuracy before i did these and bought the Spyder Pro.

3. Photo2950 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have any at the moment, but I'll get some. What I don't understand though is the fact that I can print so well with CS3 and so poorly with Elements on the two computers. But, I'll give it a try,. Thanks for responding.