Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandro

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
San Francisco
Now, let me start by saying that i know very little of network printers and drivers ok? so please keep that in mind! ok here's what I'm attempting to do...
when i take my G4 laptop to work I was able to log into the network using my AirPort card!, and email works and so does the internet, now when I tried PRINTING a word doc. my only options are the printers i have st home, and i know that there's an HP printer which is being shared on the network but I can't see it, and I'm running OS 10.2.2 not 9. What am I doing wrong? I tried to add it to the printer list and the only way I've tried was to select IP Printing from the choices and enter the IP address for the HP, but when I try to print it says that it can not open a connection to it, is that HP has to be Mac compatible and I need to install the driver for it? at home the two epsons worked with my Ti Pb right out of the box without installing anything. can anyone shine some light on this for me? Thank you in advanced.
:confused:

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
If there is a setting for it in Print Center, you should be alright. In case it still doesn't work, go to macosxhints.com and look for some help -- they have alot of stuff on printing. Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.