Problem Processing Payment - Apple Order

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by UnluckyXIII, Dec 10, 2016.

1. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help advise me here, I've just received a message from info@orders.apple.com stating that;

There's a problem processing the payment for your recent Apple order W*********. To resolve this issue, please review your PayPal account.

In both October and November I transferred £1000 to my PayPal account in preparation to cover the cost of my new MacBook Pro, because of this for some reason PayPal setup a rolling Monthly £1000 direct debit to my PayPal account (which I obviously didn't want to do) so I cancelled the direct debit. Clearly this has caused some issue with my payment method and Apple haven't been able to access the funds when attempting to today. I've been onto PayPal and re-added my card/bank information but now I'm left wondering... how long will this delay my order and when are Apple likely to attempt to take the money again??

This is so frustrating as I was really hoping to have received my tMBP before Christmas but now I'm guessing all hope is gone??

Cheers,
    XIII

P.S. Anyone else find it strange that Apple choose to complete transactions over the weekend when the banks are closed??

2. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

Its now almost end of business Wednesday and I'm still no further forward with this....

My Apple Orders page is showing this:
    upload_2016-12-14_15-56-58.png

My PayPal Account page is showing this:
    upload_2016-12-14_15-58-7.png

Both my bank and card are "authorised" with my PayPal account but I'm still not seeing any further action with my order... Apple said they would attempt to take the money each day for the next week and then cancel the order if it wasn't successful :(

If I knew it was going to be this much hassle to do it via PayPal I would have just made the transaction directly through my bank :( :( :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
    XIII

3. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone able to help or advise with this, today is the final day for processing the order before it is automatically cancelled by Apple. I have spoken to both Apple and PayPal but still neither are offering up a solution for the payment issue...

Apple:

So it appears that neither PayPal or Apple are able to process my order.... Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
    XIII

4. Bart Kela, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016

Bart Kela macrumors 6502a

Bart Kela

My assumption here is that Apple has accepted many payments from PayPal (from other people) since they offer that as a payment option.

That would lead me to believe that the transaction holdup is with PayPal itself and your account. The logical step would be to continue your conversation with PayPal. They are the ones who would release your funds to Apple and it would make sense that Apple would ship your order if they had payment.

I believe the ball is in PayPal's court.

Good luck.

5. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

After days of trying to get both PayPal and Apple to assist in resolving the issue I've received the dreaded email of doom this evening, really disappointed in both Apple and PayPal for their lack of assistance to resolve the issue and get my order processed....

Now my next problem is all the accessories I've bought for the MacBook Pro that I won't be receiving..... ****ing awesome!!

XIII

6. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

Not that anyone cares...... BUT I'm back in the game ^____^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the end both PayPal and Apple were "unhelpful" and offered no solution to the payment issue which arose.....

After speaking with another Apple representative last night they advised that the most recent orders seem to be shipping faster (some by up-to a week) and that I would be very unfortunate if the laptop didn't arrive at the earlier end of my expected delivery window... so here's hoping :)

XIII