Problem re-downloading lion on second Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nessie1970, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Nessie1970 macrumors newbie

I wonder if anyone has that issue. I downloaded Lion on my MacAir, installed and all was ok, then tried to download it on my MacBook Pro - download reaches 10.4 MB and starts from 0 again. After doing that for about 10min, screen pops up telling me that I must check my internet connection and try again. Tried everything - restarted download, Mac, router, logged out and in the appstore- every time download reaches only about 10.4MB and starts again.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

That's internet problem. For some reason it is not getting a stable connection. Try plugging in ethernet cable and then doing it.

3. Nessie1970 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it with cable - same thing. Don't know what to do anymore

4. Belloh macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I have exactly the same problem. I doubt that it has anything to do with the internet connection. I phoned my service provider. They gave me a new IP. I even successfully downloaded other software from apple and it worked.

My guess is, that a certain file coming after 10,4 MB is corrupt. However I have no idea what to do.

5. revolutionx macrumors newbie

revolutionx

why don't you make a bootable lion from your previous download

6. Belloh macrumors newbie

In hindsight I should have done it (no excuse, but I only very recently switched to Mac), but after installation the download is deleted.

So the new question for me is how to make a bootable lion AFTER installation.

7. mmduluth macrumors regular

The only way would be to redownload lion and burn it to a dvd. or borrow from a friend maybe?

8. Belloh macrumors newbie

Unfortunately we can't re-download it because it keeps restarting after 10,4 MB (see the first post of the thread). :confused:

9. Belloh macrumors newbie

Just tried the download again and wonder it is working today.:)