Problem receiving texts on GM

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MEJHarrison, Sep 10, 2014.

1. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

So yesterday, I upgraded to the GM release. Did a clean install. While testing, everything seems fine except for one thing. I can text my girlfriend, but don't get any of her texts in return.

I'm on AT&T, she's on T-Mobile
    I have an iPhone 5, she has a Galaxy S5
    She gets all my messages, I get none of hers
    It works fine with other T-Mobile people, even those on her plan
    It works fine with everyone else I've tested with
    This started last night (sometimes our messages get "stuck", but never for this long)

I'm a new iOS developer as of a few months ago, so this is a legit install. I also never messed with any of the betas, so this is my first iOS8 install. And for those really picky people, yes I'm a developer (~25 years now) and understand what "beta" and "GM" and such mean.

Any ideas?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Being a developer doesn't matter for the GM. Just to download it easier. Has she deleted the message thread on her phone and sent a new one? Try deleting the thread on yours too if there is one. Try rebooting both phones. Do you get the texts on your other devices?

3. MEJHarrison thread starter macrumors 6502a

Every year I follow these beta forums quite closely. You might say that being a developer doesn't matter for the GM, but I've seen enough people get their heads ripped off around here that it seemed prudent to just get that out up front. Not everyone is as forgiving around here as you are. :p

She has NOT deleted the thread on her phone and started a new one. I'll have her try that. I'll delete mine as well.

I know for certain I've rebooted, but I'll do that again and have her do the same.

Not sure about my other devices just yet. My iPad is still iOS 7 and my Mac is still Mavericks. Since she's on a Galaxy S5, my phone is currently the only place those messages would show up. I'll be upgrading my iPad next, but not for a day or two.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I would have her start a new message thread. Just to make sure the messages are going out to the correct place.

If that doesn't work, I am not really sure aside from contacting the provider and having them troubleshoot.

5. MEJHarrison thread starter macrumors 6502a

Found the problem. Though I'm still not sure how it occurred in the first place.

I went to her contact in my phone to see if anything looked off. All the way at the bottom, I saw "Unblock this Contact" or something along those lines. Once I unblocked her, everything started working as expected.

I'm still not sure how she got blocked in the first place, but all is well now, so I'm not going to worry about it too much. :D

Thanks for the help!